Friday, January 1, 2010

Ephesians 2:8-10

I'm so sad tonight is Tim Tebow's last college football game.



Each week, I've looked forward to seeing what scripture he would be wearing in his eye black. While watching a game recently, I told Jordan Ann that we were cheering for the team in the blue shirts because #15 loves Jesus. What a true winner, in every meaning of the word.

He chose a powerful message, for this his last college football game. Makes me like him even more.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

2 comments:

Wilson said...

I told Colin during the game that he is a true ambassador for Christ on and off that field and he couldn't have picked more fitting scripture to tell the world that he is happy to do good works because he knows that is what God created him for.

Taylor & Krisa said...

My husband said that he might let his girls marry someone like Tim Tebow - I guess that is the ultimate seal of approval. ha!