Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Holiday randomness

I love posting on this blog. I do. But when I get busy, obviously it falls way down on my list of priorities. And then I feel guilty, like it's just something else I've failed to keep up with (not unlike laundry, cleaning out the fridge and windexing windows). Crazy, I know.

Needless to say, things have been fairly busy around here. I'm afraid it's going to keep up at this same pace for a while, even though each day I find myself wondering what I can delete off my to-do list in order to simplify a little more.

I know it's before Thanksgiving, but I've already started decorating for Christmas. Partly my own doing, partly my kids'. They are so excited about the holidays and have spent most of today playing Manger with my Fontanini set. Things I've overheard have been cracking me up. Such as "Jack, Buzz and Woody do NOT belong at the manger." "Hey, momma, can Woody jump off this manger and land in Texas?" "Whoops, sorry Jordan Ann, I dropped the angels. That's okay, Jack, angels always forgive." Listening to them play is one of my most favorite parts of putting out the 9,000 rubbermaid tubs of decorations I have.

Grant has just been toddling around in the middle of it all in his own little world. He was quite unhappy when I had to toss him into the pack&play when I dropped and shattered an ornament. After a quick vacuum and clean up, he was back to his normal, cheerful self.

I'm wearing a Christmas party tshirt from my freshman year of college. It was a ChiO/Tri Delta date party, one that I easily nicknamed my "funnest night in college." When JA noticed that it said "1995" on it, she said, "wow mom, it's old!" Why, then, do I feel like it was just yesterday?

From the midst of Christmas decoration chaos, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole and Harry Connick singing in the background, I hope you have a very happy thanksgiving! And hopefully I won't be putting up the decorations next year before Halloween! :)

PS: Just as I was about to publish this post, they came running in saying "Jesus has poop." Hmmm, something I've never considered until this point in my life. I love their imaginations, but I think I'll need to go have a little conversation about what's appropriate and what is not as they play manger, don't you think?

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Hello Carly! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Yes, I remember following and I still love your blog. I have started my own business and I am soooo busy that I can't keep up with my family blog anymore :( It makes me sad. I just wrote a few posts today. I'm trying to catch up a little at a time. If you'd like to follow my business on facebook, here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/atozebra
You can also find my party blog here: http://www.atozebracelebrations.blogspot.com/
I hope all is well :) XOXO

Erica said...

Hi, Carly! Just jumping back on the blog world, and checking out yours! I love keeping up with you and your sweet family this way. Sure wish we lived closer-for sure we'd have playdates and hang time for us mommies! Hope all is well this January! =)