Monday, December 28, 2009

The Aftermath

I am loving all the lazing (can that be a verb?) around that goes on after Christmas. We have just been basking in all the Santa Claus stuff for the past couple days. Everytime I suggest that we go somewhere, both children ask to stay home. I am loving it. So, since Wes has been hunting, I have been taking vacation, too. At least today, I changed sheets and started some laundry.

This picture was one of the few we got on Christmas morning. For some reason I decided to watch my children with my bare eyes, not through the lens of the camera. And while I'm thinking I might regret it later, it was most pleasant and perfect on Christmas morning.

We had our annual Christmas brunch around 8:30 with our family, and the kids played and played. Jack ate a Hershey's kiss for breakfast and then decided around 10:00 that he wanted some cereal. Fine, it's Christmas! After breakfast, the kids opened presents from mom and dad (a pink smocked dress for JA, a cowboy shirt and pants for Jack and brochures for a springtime trip to DisneyWorld!!). That afternoon during their nap, I knitted and watched Legends of the Fall with Wes. What a perfect Christmas day.

I hope your Christmas was very special and filled with goodness. Celebrating the birth of Jesus with a two year old and a four year old has been magical. I can only imagine what next year will bring.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

No comments: