Friday, December 18, 2009

My Last Few Hours

Welcome to my last few hours, child-free until after the first of the year. JA is at preschool until 11:30. Jack's at playschool until 2:00. And I'm here in the quiet of my home, trying to decide what to do first. Do I want to scramble around getting 100 things done, not really enjoying anything? Or do I take my time, focusing on only the fun and enjoyable?

I have a few more projects left to finish. (Next year, by the way, my deadline for projects will be December 10. No exceptions. I'm not doing this again. Please remind me of that around Thanksgiving.) But they are the fun ones. Plus, I haven't wrapped a single present. Not one. The pretty packages under my tree are fake, just for decoration. And believe it or not, they haven't been touched by four little hands belonging to two young children.

So, back to my tasks for today. I know I need to finish my grocery list. And when I pick up JA at 11:30, I told her we would go grocery shopping together, since she doesn't normally get to go with me anymore. She was beside herself this morning. Oh, the joys of being four.

Aside from the grocery list, I think I'm going to use my last few hours to focus on me. No one else. Finish my coffee. Take an unrushed, uninterrupted shower. Shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows. And then maybe, just maybe, I'll start a load of laundry and empty the dishwasher.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

you sound like me the other day! i'm missing MDO today! i also used my last day taking a good long shower and nap and wondering aimlessly around the house. if i don't see yall before friday, i hope you have a very merry Christmas!