Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pinky Minky

One of the most interesting and exciting presents I got for Christmas was two bagfuls of fabric hand-me-downs from my grandmother. There were piles of scrap fabric, some as big as 3/4 of a yard. All kinds of fabric, all the way from cheesy character fabric to some gorgeous stuff!

At about 7:30 last night, I set my coffee pot to automatically brew at 7:00a.m. But I pushed the wrong button. Never being one to waste a fresh pot of coffee, I poured myself very strong, fully-caffienated coffee. Needless to say, I was set for the night. I wasn't going to be any time soon.

So I broke into the fabric scrap bags to see what I could work up. I found hot pink minky dot calling my name. Oh, it's just so soft, I love that stuff.

A couple hours later, here's the result!!


4 comments:

Wilson said...

Adorable!

odomfamilyfun said...

um, hello! you just saved yourself about $42 from a home show on the pants alone. I am so very proud of you! Darling!!!! Great job on the flower, too. I could NEVER freehand that. I am totally machine/computer addicted.

Kelly Kennedy said...

I'm gonna start calling you Carly Stickler. That is the cutest outfit! I'll bet JA's face lit up when she saw it!

Sarah Broadus said...

anytime you want to make some side money let me know! I have yards and yards of fabric that need to be created into jumpers/ and pants.