Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today

I woke up annoyed this morning. That's really the only word to describe it. Just annoyed. And I can tell you this because I've already confessed this to my Father, been forgiven, and moved on. So, moving on...

We were up and at 'em early this morning. Jack had a stinky diaper with a black cloud following him, so he got changed and dressed earlier than usual. When JA realized that Jack was already dressed, she decided to get dressed herself. By herself. Like picking-out-her-own-outfit by herself.

She skipped down the hall wearing perfectly acceptable pink tshirt. Good. Then she chose shorts that were cute. Except they were cute a year ago. This year, they are a tad too little. For some reason, she wasn't buying it. She HAD to wear these shorts. So, pick your battles, mommy. "Fine, wear them. And I'll try not to laugh as I bounce the quarter off your booty, they're so tight," I thought.

I told her she could wear pink sandals or her white sandals. She said, "Nah, I think I'll wear my tennis shoes and socks." Ah, yes. Of course.

We headed out to the gym. (Lord knows I wasn't taking her anywhere else in that gettup!) Halfway there, I realized I WASN'T EVEN GOING THE SPEED LIMIT! It was 40 and I was hardly going 30. What's the deal? I was still annoyed, but this is strange, even for me.

We go in and get to the childcare area. JA pretended to be sad I was leaving. (This is a new phase for her and I'm ready for it to be over.) Jack took off and didn't look back. A friend of mine was there already and so she and I talked and walked. I was glad we had two treadmills together. Makes exercising much easier.

I even told her I was annoyed today. She's such a sweet friend, she just listened. And told me a funny story about her little girl getting dressed in a cute smocked dress. She said, "I look just like Jordan Ann." Not today, you don't!!!

So, we finished up at the gym. When I went to pick up the kids, they were happy and having fun. Love it!

As we headed out the car, I held Jack and JA held my hand skipping the whole way. As we went, we sang. All three of us, as loud as we could.

1, 2. I love you.
3, 4. Let's count some more.
5, 6. Get your kicks.
7, 8. Counting is great.
9, 10. Numbers are our friends. Let's count them all again.

And you know what? I wasn't annoyed anymore. Instead, I was refreshed and ready to be a fun mommy again.

2 comments:

Tyanne said...

I have those days....today though was a good day.

Carrie said...

Oh I'm sorry you were having a bad day - and I didn't even get to talk to you at the Healthplex. I am SO sorry! I'm an awful friend. I promise you - I would have taken the earphones out! We have many of those days around here. Was it something specific or just overall mommy frustration? Well, I can't tell you how excited it made MC to see JA and J there this morning! And I didn't even notice her outfit. Hope tomorrow is better.